Let me give you a little background on what I enjoy reading. I used to be an incessant reader as a child. Once I got my drivers license reading fell to the wayside unless it was a prerequisite for class. A few years ago a dear friend of mine kept nagging me to read the Twilight series. I am so thankful she nagged me. Stephanie Meyers swept me back into my old love of reading and I was ever so thankful.
Since I picked up the sparkling vampire series I found a few other diamonds in the rough; some you know others perhaps not. Some I have read with my 10 year old daughter. Others I have found on my own or as suggestions from girlfriends.
1) "On the Island" by Tracey Garvis-Graves
2) "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins
3) The Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix (7 book series for young adults)
4) "Slammed" by Colleen Hoover
5) "Agenda 21" by Glenn Beck
6) "The Snow Angel" by Glenn Beck
7) "Righteous Indignation" by Andrew Breitbart
8) And almost anything by Jodi Picoult